Translate

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2015

ACCEPTABLE/UNACCEPTABLE


I tried to give plasma in Nov 2014 and was told that at that time I was not an acceptable candidate, because I was not hydrated enough to give (they couldn’t find my veins). I went back to give again Feb 2015 making sure that I was thoroughly hydrated only to again be told I was an unacceptable candidate. Although I was hydrated, there was too much muscle blocking the way to the veins. The ones found were too small to use and muscle was blocking what they were looking for. I was saddened because I couldn’t understand how even in following the steps given that I still couldn’t give.

When walking out our faith we sometimes try to give life (The Word) but are found unacceptable because we are not hydrated (The Holy Spirit). Other times we are hydrated but muscle (us) is blocking the prime place for giving. The small veins are not big enough to give what is needed. It is good to want to give but not all giving will be accepted. Stay hydrated with the Holy Spirit, so life/vein (The Word) can be found in you and don’t allow you/your strength (muscle) to block the place needed for the greatest giving. Just as I was not an acceptable candidate to help someone, we were not acceptable to save ourselves, thus Jesus had to give a blood donation on our behalf. We needed His transfusion power! Life is in the blood and plasma is the life of the blood. Our blood is tainted with sin therefore our plasma is not acceptable to save anyone spiritually. In John 6:54 Jesus stated “whosoever eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” In The New Strong’s Complete Dictionary a Greek word for eat is metalambano (met-al-am-ban’-o) which means to participate; accept. .” In The New Strong’s Complete Dictionary a Hebrew word for drink is shathah (shaw-thaw) which means imbibe. Imbibe means to consume, absorb; take in the mind. In that scripture Jesus is saying whoever participates or accepts his substance (flesh) and consumes/absorbs/takes in the mind His blood, will live forever and will be resurrected.

I wasn’t able to give plasma to help save anybody’s life and without the power of Jesus; those who give wouldn’t be able to help either. I am thankful that Christ plasma giving was acceptable and that he was willing to give it. I may never be able to follow in Christ footsteps physically by giving plasma, but I can spiritually by sharing His plasma donation with others….

No comments:

Post a Comment